Monday, July 5, 2021

Fireworks at the Beach

Monday, I slept in a bit and missed sunrise.  But I still got a relatively early start and hiked south along the beach.


It was another pretty hot morning and I went as far as the Currituck County Southern Beach Access and turned around.


When I got back to the beach house, we all went to the beach and played in the water for a while.  After I had enough sun and saltwater, Sandy and I went to the Beer Garden for some drinks.  Heading back to the house, we had burgers for dinner and then I went to Historic Corolla Park to watch the sunset over the sound.


There was a great blue heron wading in the shallow waters.


The park was very pretty in the twilight, but it was very crowded.


I headed back to the house to watch the fireworks from there.


After the fireworks, we walked down to the beach to look for some ghost crabs.


Then we headed to bed as I wanted to wake up for sunrise one last time in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment