Sunday, November 14, 2021

Fall Color at Lake Brandt

Sunday, I headed to Greensboro for a hike at the Watershed Lakes to see some fall color in the Piedmont.  I left early and arrived at Lake Brandt Marina a little after 8.  First, I went down to the lake for a view.


Form here, I got on the Nat Greene Trail, which was also the Mountains-to-Sea Trail, and hiked along the shore.


Where the trail reached the Atlantic & Yadkin Greenway, I turned right and crossed the Weaver Bridge.


After crossing, I turned onto Owl's Roost Trail, which was also the MST.  The trail looped around a peninsula out in the lake.


It ended back at the greenway in Bur-Mil Park.  I went out on the fishing pier for a view of the color on the lake.


I took the greenway back through the park.


Back at Nat Greene Trail, I went the other way out to the trailhead at Old Battleground Road, then followed it back to the marina.



No comments:

Post a Comment