Monday, May 29, 2023

Seven Sisters in the Rain

Monday, I started making my way home.  In Virginia, I got off the highway after the Big Walker Tunnel and parked at the Seven Sisters Trailhead near Big Walker Mountain.  It was raining pretty hard at this point.  Initially, the trail was pretty flooded but there was a bridge over East Fork Stony Fork and then the trail started to climb steeply and soon I got above the flooded portions of trail.  The first part of the trail was pretty steep but then leveled off as I got up to the ridge line.


The rain tapered off for a bit though my luck didn't last long.  The trail went up and down crossing the peaks along the ridge line, including Little Walker Mountain.


After about 4 miles, it started to descend back down towards Stony Fork Campground.  Since the rain, let up for a short time, I made a loop on Stony Fork Trail.


But by the time I got back to the campground, it was raining heavily again.  I just hiked the road back to the trailhead and then made the drive home.



No comments:

Post a Comment