Monday, December 5, 2011

Off to Bora Bora

Monday was our last day in Moorea. I absolutely loved the island - it has wonderful beaches with great snorkeling and diving and the most beautiful mountains for hiking and exploring. But we were off to Bora Bora and I was excited. I got in one last snorkel near our bungalow and then we got ready to leave. It was just a 45-minute flight to Bora Bora and quite scenic. We saw Tetiaro, Raiatea, and Tahaa from the plane as well as a great view of Bora Bora from above.


We landed in Bora Bora and took a boat to the Sofitel Marara Beach Resort and checked into our overwater bungalow!


I hopped in the water and started to explore around our bungalow.


It seems they dumped furniture and other metal stuff in the water to seed artificial reefs and the coral and fish had started living here. On one reef, I saw a tail and as I got closer to investigate, and eel's head popped out of another hole! I backed up a bit, as I was a little bit nervous around an eel. That evening, we saw flute fish under our glass floor.


The light below the glass attracted bugs for the fish to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment