Sunday, October 17, 2021

White Pines and Harris Lake

Sunday, I headed out to White Pines Nature Preserve for a hike as they had added a few new trails since my last visit.  I parked at the overflow lot and started off on Shiner's Way.  There was a huge violet webcap along the trail.


The trail was a loop with a spur towards the end that led down to a creek at the property line.


Back on the loop portion, I took Rocky Bluffs Trail along some bluffs high above Rocky River.


This trail ended at Schoolkids and I took this down to Rock River.


From here, I hiked all of the rest of the trails as some had changed and been re-routed since I had been here before.


After finishing the hike, I decided to make another short stop on the way home at Harris Lake County Park. I first hiked the combined History/Peninsula Trail out to some of the old homstead ruins.


An old pond was scenic.


I hiked out to the lake and then came back and made a partial loop on Peninsula Trail.  I spotted a great blue heron fishing along the lake shore.


Before leaving, I made a quick loop around the Cypress Pond Trail.


Then I finished up and went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment